STAR is an invitation-only organization for professionals interested in making connections that serve to grow your business and enhance your ability to serve clients with referrals to people outside your field of expertise.
STAR members must have at least 10 years of experience in their profession. Applicants with less time of service may be considered for membership if they are highly qualified or possess a unique skill.
Requirements for Becoming a STAR Member
• Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in your profession.
• Be invited to attend by a STAR member who will host your first visit to any of our three monthly meetings. Only a member in good standing can invite a guest to a STAR meeting.
• Attend a minimum of two more meetings - no more than six total - before applying for membership. You can self-register for any meetings after your first one.
• Submit your online membership application (see link at the bottom of this page).
• Submit your bio (or link to your LinkedIn profile) directly to: email@example.com.
• Ask two STAR members in good standing to send letters of recommendation to the Membership Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Provide a credit card online for your STAR first year membership and name badge. When your application has been approved by the Board of Directors, $125 will be charged to activate your membership and create your name badge.)
• Consent to a background check by the Membership Committee (Better Business Bureau and/or appropriate regulatory bodies like the Board of Realtors or the California Bar).
We will email you when the STAR Board of Directors has reviewed your application to notify you of their decision.
Annual Membership Fee
STAR was founded in 2010 as an independent, non-profit business networking organization. STAR has continued to grow since then, led by volunteers and a part-time paid Executive Director.
The $100 annual fee provides STAR with a financial base to help support its monthly programs and other operating costs.
In addition to the annual membership, your first year’s dues will include an additional $25 for your STAR badge. This badge must be worn to all STAR meetings.
Maintaining Your STAR Membership
• Keep current on your annual dues.
• Attend at least six STAR events each calendar year.
• Bring at least three qualified guests to STAR events each calendar year, paying for their first visit.
Members who fail to adhere to these requirements will be removed from the STAR roster.
If you’d like to learn more about STAR membership, we invite you to visit the FAQ page to see if your question has been answered, or contact the Membership Committee.
To apply for membership, please click on the buttons below.
Member Recommendation Form